Under the Allotments Act, a Council cannot inspect allotments to see if they are not cultivated well enough until April. This is because it is often difficult to work on the allotments until spring, and very few crops are grown earlier. Inspections for non-cultivation are done by Epsom Borough Council some time early in April, and then again in September. The visit was done by EEBC on Monday 23rd April 2012. Around 30 – 35 letters will be sent to plotholders, whose plots were deemed not to be sufficiently cultivated. Continue reading
- Volunteer work party starts clearance of rubbish from future community orchard
- 18 tonnes of good quality horse manure arrived at the site – not a trace left within an hour and a half!
- AAG “Grow Your Own” newsletter
- Allotment Non-Cultivation Flow-Chart
- Allotment Forum meeting on Tuesday 20th March 2012